Rapid Test Kit Interest Survey
Chamber seeking businesses interested in receiving BinaxNow Rapid COVID-19 Test Kits
On Friday, January 22, 2021, Governor Abbott announced a Small Business COVID-19 Rapid Testing Program. The program invited the Georgetown Chamber of Commerce to participate in the distribution of free BinaxNow rapid COVID-19 tests to small businesses in our community.
The program is part of the Nation’s Coronavirus Testing Strategy and designed to support the continued operation of small businesses in Texas. The Chamber will be provided with a select number of BinaxNow tests kits and facemasks which will be distributed to small businesses. Small businesses will have the opportunity to administer these tests to their employees.
Participating businesses are required to follow the program protocols which include:
- Identifying a test coordinator at your location who is responsible for completing a BinaxNow training
- Planning a test location and flow of individuals being tested to ensure proper social distancing
- The testing is intended to be administered to employees of the small business using the BinaxNow rapid COVID-19 test
- Reporting every test that is used via program defined reporting application
- Utilizing 70% of test kits
- Creating a process for employees who test positive (ex. CDC Recommendations)
- Setting up test stations in a fashion that limits test subjects’ potential to contaminate the test area
- Obtaining gloves for test administrations (not provided) and utilize PPE while administering tests
- Disposing of testing materials in accordance with the defined “medical waste for schools” protocol
Small businesses who are interested in learning more about the program are still encouraged to complete the survey below; however, priority is given to businesses who completed the survey.
Please note that indicating an interest in the program does not guarantee receipt of testing kits. Priority will be given to businesses that are located in Georgetown and membership in the Georgetown Chamber is not required to utilize this program. The Chamber will begin notifying businesses of their selection to participate in the program on Friday, April 2, 2021.
The Georgetown Chamber of Commerce is providing this program as a service and is not responsible for the individual execution of the program by the businesses. We encourage any interested business to view the full program details here:
Questions regarding the Chamber’s participation can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.